On some air bases the Air Force is on one side of the field and civilian aircraft use the other side of the field, with the control tower in the middle.
One day the tower received a call from an aircraft asking, What time is it? The tower responded, Who is calling? The aircraft replied, What difference does it make? The tower replied It makes a lot of difference.
1) If it is an American Airlines flight, it is 3 o’clock.
2) If it is an Air Force plane, it is 1500 hours.
3) If it is a Navy aircraft, it is 6 bells.
4) If it is an Army aircraft, the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 3.
5) If it is a Marine Corps aircraft, it’s Thursday afternoon and 120 minutes to Happy Hour.