A man is at Grand Central Station waiting for his train that leaves at 6 p.m., but he has forgotten his watch. So he looks for someone to ask the time. He spots a guy carrying two suitcases and sporting this fabulous hi-tech watch, so he asks him for the time and the guy replies:
– Sure, which country?
– How many countries have you got?
– All the countries in the world!
– Wow! That’s a pretty cool watch you’ve got there.
– That’s nothing, this watch also has a GPS facility, fax, e-mail and can even receive NTSC television channels and display them on its miniature active color pixel LCD screen!
– Boy, that’s incredible. I wish I had a watch like that one. You wouldn’t consider selling it by any chance?
– Well, actually the novelty has worn off for me, so for $900, if you want it, it’s yours.
The watchless traveler can hardly whip out his checkbook fast enough to hand over a check for $900.
The seller takes off the watch and gives it to him.
“Congratulations, here is you new hi-tech watch.” Then, handing the two suitcases over as well, he says, “And here are the batteries.”