10. The time an attending asked me an easy question, and I totally blanked but my med student knew the answer.
9. The time my demented patient mistook me for his wife and tried to land a sloppy kiss on me.
8. The first time I performed a digital rectal exam.
7. The time I walked in to my patient’s room to perform a physical and she was having sex with her boyfriend.
6. The time that I discovered that my patient didn’t really need a vaginal exam but was actually just hypersexual.
5. The time that I was performing a digit rectal exam on a patient and accidentally inspired a huge bout of diarrhea.
4. The time I realized that my patient’s visitor was a nurse and she knew that I was putting the phlebotomy supplies together backwards.
3. The time I realized that I accidentally inserted a foley catheter into a woman’s anus (okay this actually happened to a friend of mine).
2. The time I decided to use the men’s restroom as I didn’t have the code to the women’s restroom and a colleague walked in on me coming out of the stall.
1. The time I palpated a pulse on a patient and then discovered that she had expired 20 minutes prior.